Was just on KTVN Channel 2 News in Reno! Check out the article, Ill post the video when its available!
Another edit of the same trailer! This time with some new footage and text!
This is a collection of photographs, I have taken.
I will begin documenting my adventures, my conquests, and my downfalls.
Here is the link to my donation page, I would really appreciate help in spreading this! All of this money will go directly to Breast Cancer Research and Awareness. I myself will be working on the awareness portion, and I hope to start my own non-profit or charitable donation and really be able to direct where this money goes. I want to make sure that it is being spent wisely and efficiently. I really appreciate the support and advice I receive on a now daily basis. The positive feedback is just what I was hoping for, and it really means a lot to me. Thank you All, and I can’t wait to start walking!
California To Maine: Breast Cancer Awareness/Research
These are some current missing gear items, these are only suggestions, nothing needs to be new, I am just letting you know what I am lacking or could use extra of. Also, the links to the shows and everything else are just to get an idea of what I need, does not need to be exact. Any help is appreciated, even tips on where to get this stuff cheap… I just want to be prepared. Thank you All.
MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS
ALPS Mountaineering 1 Man Tent
0 Degree Bag
BROOKS ADRENALINE ASR 7
2. Patagonia Cotton Liners
3. Socks (Thick Olive Drab from Military Surplus, Or running socks..)
4. GPS system with Emergency Beacon (Sport Chalet. $30.00 for the Year)
5. Solar Panels (4 Panel) + 12V Inverter (Sport Chalet or REI)
6. Lithium Batteries AA/AAA
8. Black Bic Crystal Pens
10. Emergency Flares
11. Water Purifier (Sport Chalet $100.00)
12. Memory Cards (Compact Flash)
13. Canon LP-E6 Batteries
14. Extra Sleeping Bags (Regular 30 Degree Bag for Warmer Climates, Military Mummy for Winters)
16. Water (Kangen Water, Arrowhead, Emergen C Mix)
17. Food (Canned Goods, Trail Mix, Candy Bars, Tortillas)
18. Snow Boots, Snow Pants, Heavy Coats, Extra Shoes, Extra Socks, Emergency Radio/Flashlight)
19. Towels, Spearfishing Equipment, Dive Tank, Masks, Fins
20. Gun Cleaning Kit, Ammunition (30/30 and 12 Gauge)
21. Special Ops Shovel, Rain Boots, Candles, CDs, Extra, 2 Weed Sprayers for Showers.
22. Ipod Shuffle, Powdered Toothpaste, First Aid Kits
23. Suggestions? Just Send me a list via email.
My name is Arthur Hitchcock and I am a 18 year old photographer/student. Last month my mom, Janet Hitchcock, passed away from Stage 4 Breast Cancer, leaving me on my own at 18. My father (also a photographer) passed away when I was 2 from a lifelong heart condition. Being on my own at such a young age, has made school/work almost impossible. For years I have been planning a cross-country trip, and now I think is the time to start. I will be walking alone in the Spring from Long Beach, CA to Maine. I would like to raise money to for Breast Cancer Research. I need help with sponsorship, publicity, and everything else. I really want to make an impact, and do something no one else ever has. I hope this reaches someone who is interested in helping me, or someone who can point me in the right direction as far as raising money and awareness. Eventually I would like for my house in Long Beach to develop into a community art center in memory of my parents and to everything they have done for me.
Also, this entire journey will be documented by me, with photographs and HD video. These will be uploaded to a blog all throughout the walk. (arthurhitchcock.tumblr.com)
HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR A GREAT CAUSE, AND LETS TRY TO MAKE AN IMPACT! DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED BUT NOT MANDATORY!
Also, If you could spread the word to anyone you know that might be interested. Im in need of sponsors, and good old-fashioned connections.
Tell your parents, teachers, and anyone else that might be able to help.
Thank You All.
DETAILS OF THE TRIP SOON TO BE RELEASED!!
Take my Photographs, and you will be sorry.